Friday, June 20, 2014

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Finally - Applying a Finish

Whew, it's taken a bit of time and way to much pore filling & sanding but I just put the first base coats of shellac on the parlour guitar.... Looking forward to seeing how this Royal Lac hardened shellac works out.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Projects

So the humidity is not the best for building guitars right now but I am still plugging away at pore filling the parlour guitar and it is almost done... whew.. I'm going to be trying a new shellac formula on it for french polish from Shellac Finishes called Royal Lac it sounds very promising..

I'm using the time to sort out a few more jigs or update some, this seems a never ending task I've got a few new ones I want to make and I am also almost done updating my neck tenon jig to make it more users friendly.. I'll post those when done

Also I'm working on fixing up the first non-dulcimer instrument I ever made a Mandocello.. I seriously screwed up on the design and now I'll be replacing the original flat top with a carved arch.. I just jointed the top (some decent Yellow Cedar) tonight..