Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Celtic Tenor & Summer Plans

So As I said I did change strings on the little tenor I built and the new ones do work better. The guitar is settling in nicely and I quite happy with the sound.. It is an Octave Mandolin sound..

Summer is just around the corner - I hope so I doubt there will be much guitar building going on in the summer. I have lots of plans right now and not many of them involve Lutherie.. I do hope to get a few more jigs built over the summer and perhaps an new tool box made.

The other thing I really want to do is finalize the design for the Mandocello that will be the next instrument I build.. I've got the over all design in my head and just need to decide on all the details.. It is going to be a guitar shape based on the Gibson L-0 from the late 1920's.. It is going to be made of Sitka Spruce, Oregon Myrtle and Narra with most likely Indian Rosewood trim..

It is going to be a short scale instrument (as Mandocellos go) with a 24.75 or 24.4 inch scale length..

I may bet started on it over the summer but I doubt I'll really get into it until September.

No comments:

Post a Comment