Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

In the Pipe

I'm working on applying the finish to the Cello guitar and Tenor ukulele. Always a bit of a slow process and while that is going on I am starting on the next projects. in this case 3 guitars, based on the Gibson L-0 6 string.

All 3 will have Sitka tops but that is about where the similarity stops.. The closest to a classic L-0 will have my view of the Gibson H bracing with a White Oak back and sides and Spanish Cedar neck. The next will have a pretty standard Martin influenced X brace with Walnut back and sides and a Mahogany neck and the last will have a double X brace with Koa back and sides and a Mahogany neck.

It will be interesting to see how they all sound.. The double X brace design will I think become what I use going forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment