Saturday, March 11, 2017

Finishing, Harp & Course Prep

I've got a lot of varied stuff going on. I'm putting the seal coat of finish on the Crossover Guitar, using Shellac Finishes Seal-Lac and that is now curing and then needs to be sanded and the actual finish applied. For that I will be using Royal-Lac post catalyzed shellac. I'm quite excited to see how it turns out..

The Tenor Uke is getting a simple Tung & Teak oil finish..

I've been lucky enough to get a spot in  Robbie O'Brien's steel string voicing course in June ( so for that course I need to have 3 tops prepared with rosettes installed so I am playing around with a different way of cutting rosette segments on the CNC.. We will see how it works when I go to make the rosette. The actual cutting on the CNC went Ok once I realized the belts needed tightening..

Enough for 2 rosettes out o a burl blank
I'm also doing a little bit of work on getting the pieces for the Celtic Harp roughed out..

No comments:

Post a Comment