Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mandocello and the Next Build

I'm still tweaking the Mandocello I have some new strings on order for it and in doing some careful examination it looks like the saddle could still use a bit of work as the stings are not quite contacting it right in a couple of places. So I'll try and get on with that in the next couple of days.. Hopefully the strings arrive soon.

The next Build is going to be a parlor guitar sort of a Martin size 2 guitar.. It will have a Western Red Cedar top, which I just glued up yesterday, and Wenge for the back & sides as well as the fingerboard. Trim is flamed maple and Paua Shell, first time I've used that in such quantity.

I'm debating the arch for the top and back, right now I am leaning to 20' for the back and perhaps just a true flat top.. I'm trying to coax as much volume & base out of a small guitar body, so perhaps that might be a good way to do it?

We will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment