Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Instrument Building Plans

Instruments Types

Just thought I would put down my plans for instrument types I plan/hope to build.

So as you can see I've already done a Tenor Guitar 22.875 scale 14 fret to the body. I must admit I'm very happy with this instrument and it's sound.

I also plan to do a slightly shorter scale 12 fret to the body "Celtic" Tenor guitar with a floating bridge and tail piece designed for GDAE tuning and a Celtic sound.

I'm currently building what I'm calling an OM Plus guitar which is basically an OM body with a slightly fatter upper bout and a bit thicker waist, I'm looking forward to hearing how this will sound..

I also have an Irish Bouzouki in the works, again being a short scale version of this instrument.

I also make a few Mountain Dulcimers a fun instrument for the novice player.

Lastly I've made one prototype Mandocello based loosely on the Gibson K2 and while playable I think this can be improved on significantly..

At some point I'll probably give ukuleles a try just for fun.

As you can see I'm tending to smaller size instruments and tending towards a Celtic sound..

You can watch here for the progress of various instruments


No comments:

Post a Comment